Are you looking to buy the best proofreading software for Mac device? If yes, then this blog post will help you get the excellent tool.
I have already provided some tips to purchase the proofreading tool where I have discussed the features of the proofreader.
Before getting into the details of some high-end proofreading tools for Mac, let me tell you the importance of buying the application.
Why Buy Proofreading Software?
If you’re in the dilemma of purchasing the premium proofreader for Mac, then you must read the valid reasons for getting it!
1. A perfect write-up with no syntactical or grammatical or spelling error is the KEY to establish your footstep on the web.
2. Even people with a strong command of the language can create fortuitous mistakes at times due to lack of time and carelessness.
3. Proofreading is the most important task when it comes to writing a flawless article or letter or post or anything that reflects your talent as well as it can converse your write-ups in a better understandable way.
4. If you’re a blogger, essay or story writer, digital marketer or online publisher who believes “content is the king”, then you should frame the textual contents in a very attractive manner.
5. May it be an educational or business or personal purpose; if you need to express the things in the perfect grammar with your own tone, then the proofreading software can come handy for you.
6. The best proofreading software can even reduce your time taken for manual proofreading, grammar and plagiarism checking efforts. It can also enhance your presentation skills with the right words.
7. It can provide the solution to the question, How to spell check easily?
Thus the proofreading software has become essential for every person who can rely on it for an effective content writing.
If you are a Mac OS user then this post will help you choose the best proofreading software from the list.
A plethora of grammar check software for Mac is available but I’ve listed the best 6 reliable desktop based proofreading tools for the MacBook Pro or MacBook Air users.
6 Excellent Grammar Check & Proofreading Software For Mac OS
Now, let’s check out what I have got for you to craft error-free articles.
Grammarly is the most popular proofreading software solution available for all kind of users with high accuracy and efficiency.
It helps the user for the correct framing of the sentence, fixing those minor grammar mistakes. It is now available for Mac with the native app of Grammarly. The Grammarly is available both as free and paid services.
It is regarded as the “World’s Most Accurate Grammar Checker” which promises to identify over grammatical errors, spelling mistakes, repetitive words, comma usage, shows synonym suggestions and even check for plagiarism.
Best Features Of Grammarly
- Grammarly promises to proofread by correcting up to 10x more mistakes than any other word processors.
- Suitable for bloggers, students, businessmen, writers, etc.
- Available on both Windows and Mac computers.
- Free extension support for internet browsers like Safari, Chrome, and Firefox.
- Grammarly is also available as the keyboard for the Android users now.
- The quick and easy installation process
Price of Grammarly
Grammarly is famous for its free version that does basic tasks of proofreading, but if you’re a serious content creator then you should definitely go for premium software with the subscription of $11.66 per month.
The ginger software is another precious proofreading tool comes on my list even though it doesn’t come directly to support your Mac OS.
Instead, the Mac users can make use of Ginger’s Proofreading tools through its Safari and Chrome extensions.
Best Features of Ginger software
- It deals with most of the mistakes that every writer can make like typographical errors, spelling mistakes or grammar mistakes, missing comma, and even wrong usage of words with its freemium versions.
- Top grammar check app for Mac with a large database of rules and syntax errors.
- Quick and accurate proofreading mechanism.
- Supports all major internet browsers and Microsoft Word (for Windows only).
- Text-to-speech feature available for premium customers.
Price of Ginger
The free version of Ginger can be used for articles worth 600-characters as the demo, while the serious users can purchase its premium version by paying $132 for Grammar and Contextual Spelling correction package as an annual fee. It costs $19.80 for the monthly subscription of the software.
The text-to-speech feature in premium version is a shrewd move which can unanimously help the users to hear the text read aloud further making them identify the mistakes more proficiently.
ProWritingAid is one of the best proofreading software for Mac since it can edit your content faster, fix the style issues and eliminate the errors efficiently.
It has a comprehensive dictionary and contextual thesaurus to grab the right words to make your point. As you could see and eliminate the mistakes, you can learn a lot and make the writing improvements with this English proofreading software for Mac Os.
Best Features Of ProWritingAid
- It offers 20 different in-depth reports like the Writing style, Grammar, Plagiarism, Thesaurus, Pronoun, Consistency, Complex words and much more
- It can be integrated with MS Word, Google Docs, Google Chrome, Open Office and Scrivener
- Giving best suggestions for the specific words that fit the content is also an incredible quality of this Mac proofreading tool.
- Finds the repeated words & phrases in the document so that you can use a more diverse vocabulary
- It can visualize the length and variation of the sentence and let you spot the improvement areas
- Moreover, you will get the detailed explanation for every mistake and hence you don’t have to spend time in searching for more information on the web.
Price of ProWritingAid
If you to explore the editing power of ProWritingAid with no limitations, you have to buy its premium version starts at the price $50 per year.
4. Grammarian Pro2 X
The fourth best Proofreading Software for Mac OS is developed by Linguisoft, Grammarian Pro2 X. It comes with a simple interface that could be used with applications such as Apple Mail, Text Edit, and Microsoft Word.
Grammarian Pro2 X has been launched to rectify the typographic mistakes made by the writer like spelling correction, synonyms suggestion, thesaurus other than just grammar correction in the other proofreading software’s.
- It supports more than 250 built-in grammar rules.
- It can correct over 4000 type errors in a go.
- Supports different writing styles like academic, legal, chat, technological, etc.
- Customisable Auto Check feature available to switch between the spelling checking or grammar or both together.
- Includes professional statistical tools for optimizing and helping to transform user writing style to the target audience.
- It can even convert the abbreviations into full forms.
Price of Grammarian Pro2 X
It can be bought at a price tag of $49.95 as a one-time payment with a non-expiring lifetime license for the latest version.
WhiteSmoke is being included in this list since it is the best grammar checker for Mac OS that consummate your writings in the English language.
The software moved in 2002 stand-out in the market with its exceptional spell checker and grammar checker tools and hence it is considered as the efficient proofreading software for Mac users with translating abilities.
WhiteSmoke does a straightforward effort to improve your writing using its Natural Language Processing (NLP) Counts and the other proofreading tools to inspect the sentence and provide suitable improvements suggestion.
The application is compatible with different platforms including tablets, smartphones, and PCs, yet it is regarded as basic for grammar correction and plagiarism testing.
- Automatically enabled by identifying a single keystroke and instantly analyses the whole document.
- It has really simple and friendly user interface compared to all other tools available.
- It alerts on punctuation and spelling faults.
- Browser extensions are available for online writers to post on social media and other websites.
- Supports Windows 7,8,10 and macOS Sierra (10.12).
- The mobile app is available for Mac Customers.
- The latest version of WhiteSmoke includes a plagiarism checker too
Price of WhiteSmoke
The essential premium plans of the applications start with a price of $6.66 per month which is billed in a single payment of $79.95.
6. Grammar Base
Grammar Base is a free, simple and quick proofreading software for Mac to get rid of mortifying that most of us could make during writing with some basic tools packed along with it.
It supports auto spelling check, a thesaurus that suggests appropriate substitutes, grammar check, spelling errors, and punctuation checker and improves your writing much speedily.
If you’re particularly looking for the free online application, then Grammar Base is the best proofreading software for Mac that can come beneficial for your content creating.
Best Features of Grammar Base
- Simple and Easy-to-use interface with high proofreading capability.
- The browser extension is really easy to install which used for proofreading blogs, articles, e-mails or any other content online.
- It produces a thorough report on the type of errors and the improvement areas for the article that you have uploaded.
- It is an online grammar corrector and spell checker for Mac that can help with dyslexia mistakes.
- No membership or software download required.
Grammar Base is available for free of cost and does not requires any paid membership. The app so lacks much-advanced grammar checking and plagiarism checking features but it is really best among the basic grammar checker for Mac device.
Creating the faultless content is an art and would help you build a HUGE reader base. You can perceive a good reputation as well.
I hope you have understood the importance of buying the proofreader to make your piece of writing better and how to correct spelling on Mac gadgets.
I suggest you get the paid version of any of these best proofreading software for Mac to adore its great qualities. If you don’t like the tool, then you can opt for the refund.
For the past 4 years, I’m using the premium version of Grammarly which helps me craft the error-free articles for my blogs and clients. It’s is a fabulous Grammar check software for Mac that I would highly recommend for every writing professional.
Are the tools helpful? Which Mac Proofreader are you going to buy? If you do have any doubts or questions please do ask in the comment section for further clarification.