Let’s face it:
Recovering and unlocking your memory card password is difficult.
Especially, when there is so much conflicting information floating around the web.
Usually, when you check different articles, you will get different ways. Most of these methods are outdated and no longer work in today’s technical world.
So here is the deal:
In this informative post about how to unlock memory card quickly in 2018, I am going to show you the quickest and easiest ways to open your memory card by different methods.
As I keep on updating this post regularly, so you’ll find all the required information which is working.
Usually, micro SD cards or memory cards are space-saving devices which we use a lot these days to store the information. If we ever lose the password of our SD card means we’ll go through the painful and stressful life as we have no longer access to our memory card.
So, if you are struggling with that stress means don’t worry. As I said, I will be explaining you all the working methods of unlocking your password.
What You Will Learn:
- How to unlock memory card password using PC. (Quickly)
- How to unlock memory card password using the software.
- How to unlock memory card password using Android.
Let’s get into the process of removing or unlocking memory card password.
How To Unlock Memory Card Password On PC?
Usually, you can find lots of options in this method.
One of the most comfortable options is formatting the memory card. But you have to be cautious in this step, if you don’t have any significant or valuable information in that locked memory card means you can opt for that process. Or else you have to choose another method to safeguard your necessary files.
To unlock your memory card password on your PC, you should follow the below steps. By following these steps, you can remove your password quickly.
The Process Of Unlocking Memory Card Password
- First of all, go to the file manager on your mobile phone.
- Then hover over to the settings and then to the system folders (Settings — System Folders).
- In that system folder, find a file named “mmcstore.”
- If you see that file means merely send that file to your PC or laptop with the help of USB cable.
- In other cases, you can even use the Bluetooth option as well.
- After that open that “mmcstore” file in the desktop or PC with the help of notepad.
- Once you open your file, you will see the password located within that file that’s it.
How To Unlock Memory Card Password On Android?
If you want to unlock your memory card password on your Android device itself means you have to use this method.
Although most of you might think this is a difficult task, it is not that complicated. Just go through these easy steps to recover your password quickly.
- In this method, you have to insert your memory card in your phone without accessing it.
- Then directly run the FExplorer, or you can download and install ES File Explorer.
- Now, open ES file explorer or FExplorer.
- Go to the system folder c:\system file path.
- After that find the file name “mmcstore.”
- Simply rename that as “mmcstore” file as “mmcstore.txt.”
- After that, you can open that file with any text editor, and you can note down the current password.
- In Memory card option, click on the “remove memory card password” option and paste the password which you have noted.
- If at all you faced difficulties in opening that text file means, copy that mmcstore.txt file into your desktop or laptop computer.
- Open that following mmcstore.txt file with the notepad.
- Your password will be located in that file only.
These are the two primary and quickest process of removing or unblocking the memory card. With the help of these two ways, you can quickly remove your memory card password with the help of PC.
Now, let’s get into the other method,
How To Remove Password From Memory Card?
If you are a user of Nokia E-series mobile phones such as N95, E-63, and another model means then you can format your device without any PC.
- Firstly, insert the memory card in your N-series or E – series Nokia device.
- Then format the memory card.
- This process will not ask for the password, and it will simply format your memory card.
How To Unlock Memory Card Using Software?
In this method, you are going to use Nokia Symbian OS phone to recover your memory card password. In this process, you have to arrange a locked memory card in the Nokia Symbian os phone.
- Firstly, download any file explorer, or you can use X-Plore for your device to scan all your phone files.
- Then start or open the explorer app and then press (0) Zero.
- This process allows you to check the system files.
- Then look for the “mmcstore file” in those system files.
- Usually, it is located in c:/sys/data/mmcstore/.
- Once you located, the path means open that in any normal editor.
- Then look in the third column for the code called “!TMSD02G (m”??”y?!m?a?g??i”c)”.
- After detecting the code copy that code and have a glance at it closely.
- You have to remove all the “?” in that code to get your password.
- For example: After removing the above code (m”??”y?!m?a?g?? i”c)”, I got my password “mymagic.”
- If you don’t set your password means you cannot find that in this method of recovering password.
Until now, we have seen how to remove memory card by using PC and also we have discussed how to recover password for the Symbian mobile.
Now let’s walk through other methods,
How To Unlock Memory Card Password? (Easiest Way)
If you don’t have any important files in your memory card means you can choose this option. Here all you have to do is format your memory card. Usually, most of you might know this process but if you don’t know about the process means check this out.
- In this process, you have to remove the memory card from your Android device.
- Insert that removed memory card in the card writer and connect it to your PC or laptop.
- After connecting the right click on the device disk, just choose the format option from the menu.
- Once the format process is completed your memory card will be unlocked.
So these are quick and easy ways to unlock memory card quickly in 2018. Now, it’s up to you. If you like this guide share this useful article with your friends instantly.
Which of these methods are easy for you to recover your lost memory card password? Are you going to try these methods to solve your problem?
Or maybe you have other option to unlock your lost password. Either way, let me know by leaving a comment below right now.