A video is a powerful tool that can have the most long-lasting impact on your buyers’ hearts and minds. An engaging video can make your brand unforgettable and move your audience to action.
Remember, often the most lucrative and nimble marketing strategy is to double down on what is already working well.
As the consumption of online video content is on the rise, platforms like YouTube, Facebook and Instagram are gaining the highest traction versus all other channels combined.
Most brands find videos a great way to establish an instant connection with their audience, which is why videos are definitely in every brand’s marketing mix.
According to one of HubSpot’s surveys, 72 percent of the customers would instead learn about a product or service through the means of videos. This creates an even higher demand for videos, pushing marketers to cater to the needs of potential customers.
If you’re a brand looking to create a great promo video, read on to discover three simple tips to create compelling promo videos that sell!
Tip #1: Craft Crisp and Compelling Script
Social media platforms have wired internet users to be continuously exposed to snackable video content. People’s attention span is crunching by the minute.
That’s why short promo videos are a trend!
Driving sales through short video-based content is easier because the consumers are less likely to skip and may consider tuning in if the content is attention-grabbing.
A study by Wistia found an interesting correlation between video length and engagement.
The engagement significantly drops as the video length exceeds 2 minutes.
It is safe to assume that your viewers are busy. Craft a crisp and compelling script. Keep your promo video script short and sweet by focusing on the benefits of your products or services.
Tip #2: Utilize Promo Video Templates Created by Professionals
Video production agencies may charge hundreds to thousands of dollars for the production of a single promo video.
If videos are a relatively new medium for you or if you want to use your marketing budget efficiently, I recommend using a free video editor like InVideo.
- Save time: InVideo has a wide range of pre-made ready-to-use promo video templates. No matter what your industry or niche is, InVideo has got templates for you. One of the benefits of designing your promo video using a template is that you save a significant chunk of your time.
- Save money: InVideo is a free video creation tool that allows you to create beautiful, professional-looking promo videos. As they say – money saved is money earned. 😉 The premium version of the tool is value for money!
- Save effort: Its seamless drag-and-drop functionality makes promo video creation a breeze!
- Create praise-worthy videos: Gain a competitive edge and win your audience’s heart by designing a promo video using templates designed by professional designers.
- Make it look branded: The templates are fully customizable, so you can pick a pre-designed promo video template and make it your own by adding elements that align with your brand and message.
Tip #3. Use RAD – Insanely Effective Call-To-Action (CTA) Formula
It is essential to include a CTA in your promo video. Neglecting to include call-to-action can result in lowered conversion rates.
After watching your brand’s promo video, the viewer must be directed to what to do next.
There are two ways to include the CTAs directly into the video:
- Include a screen at the end of the video suggesting viewers what to do next.
- Make an auditory request repeating the CTA via narration.
Lance Jones from Copy Hackers proposes an insanely useful CTA writing formula called RAD to boost conversions.
The acronym RAD stands for:
It suggests three things occur before your viewers take action:
- Viewers have the information they require. In the promo video, present the benefits your visitors can expect to receive from your product or service. You can drive them to take action only if they know what’s in it for them.
- Viewers are easily able to acquire (understand / locate) your CTA. Your promo video CTA must be easily visible to the viewers. Usually, the CTA appears at the end of the video.
- Viewers must desire your proposed offer. Make your promo video CTA exciting, and they’ll take action. Make sure the perceived value of the offer overweighs inaction.
The Video Revolution Has Begun!
There’s no better time than now to get started with using videos for your brand marketing—
- Videos are proven to convert better than text.
- Videos create a better user experience.
- Videos make it easy to stand out in crazy-competitive niches.
As the blogging landscape is becoming over-saturated, it is wise to leverage videos.
A promo video is one of the surest ways to power your brand’s visual marketing to boost awareness and conversions.
Video is expensive — a myth!
Creating videos is now actually cheaper than ever.
DIY tools like InVideo help you create professional and engaging promo videos within minutes on a shoestring budget.
So what’s your take on this? Have you tried creating promo videos for your brand? Do you have any tips or insights to share? Let me know by leaving a comment below. I’m excited to hear your thoughts.