Want to create the best video? Are you looking for the sony vegas alternatives? Well, let me suggest some best software like Sony Vegas to edit like a pro and release your artistic skill for all to see.
No doubt, the Sony Vegas Pro is an all-in-one video editor. It has 300 filters for better effects and more advanced tools to make local media look good. It is a great video editor for creating high definition videos.
However, some people may be less interested in using it or may not like using it. Yes, Sony Vegas has some downsides!
Disadvantages Of Sony Vegas Video Editing Software
- More Expensive
- Offers Good Speed Only On Latest Computers
- Complex Features (Not suitable for Beginners)
- Available Only For Windows Users
- Clumsy Clip Effect & Zooming Features
- Support Is Not Responsive
- Boring User Interface
These might be the reasons for you to look at the best Sony Vegas alternatives. To make your work easier, I made a research and found the best video editing tools.
Top Video Editors Like Sony Vegas To Use In 2020 & Beyond
The following are the excellent Sony Vegas substitutes for the professional editing process!
1. OBS Studio
OBS Studio is a free and open-source software that is used for video recording and live streaming. You can download and start streaming on Windows, Mac or Linux. OBS Studio holds all your preferred streaming platforms and more extra. This Sony Vegas alternative supports the input and output capture, and browser and displays capture images.
There are some Hotkeys for start/stop your stream/recording, push-to-talk, and quick mute of an audio origin. Using the studio mode, your viewers will see your changes before any changes are made to your scenes.
- High performance
- Multiple roots including window captures, images, text, browser windows, webcams, and capture cards are available
- Set up an unlimited number of scenes
- Intuitive audio mixer with per-source filters
- Powerful configuration options
- The streamlined Settings panel is available
- Modular ‘Dock’ UI
- Both light and dark themes available
This video editor has a simple and intuitive user interface. Lightworks grant a free license version with all the tools, but the only restriction is on output formats and hence it is considered as one of the best free alternatives to Sony Vegas.
The Lightworks Pro license can be purchased as needed; you can pay monthly or annually. You can deliver content in several formats like Facebook, Vimeo, and YouTube, to SD, HD, and video makers.
- All major operating systems
- Unmatched format support
- Optimized for speed
- Powerful, real-time effects with inbuilt presets
- Text Effects with Boris Graffiti
- Hardware I/O Support
- Customizable interface
- Enhanced VFX with Boris FX
- Multicam Editing
- World-class trimming for high-speed correctness
- Dedicated Web Export (MPEG4/H.264)
3. GoPro Studio
With GoPro Studio software, you can easily convert your works into amazing professional-quality videos. Drag-and-drop GoPro edit templates help you track the best video. You can easily change your clips by dialing music editing points, slow-motion effects, and more.
Not only that but also new videos with a variety of powerful editing tools. You can organize and mix clips and add captions, music, audio track, and more with this fantastic program like Sony Vegas.
- Playback all GoPro videos and see all your photos
- Supports GoPro, Canon, Nikon and another constant frame rate H.264 mp4 and .mov3 formats
- Observe HiLight Tags to instantly obtain your best clips for more comfortable playback and editing
- Playback and export your Time Lapse photo sequences as videos
- Easily create engaging GoPro-style videos
- Flux allows super-smooth slow-motion and fast-motion speed adjustments
- Fisheye adjustment control
- Edit immersive 3D videos
- GoPro edit templates assist track you to an unbelievable edit by dialing the music, edit points, motion effects, and more
- Export video still frames at full resolution
4. Final Cut Pro
The Final Cut Pro accelerates post-production with innovative features and intuitive designs. It lets you regularly test story ideas by moving and arranging clips without conflicts and synchronization problems. Compound clips are used to group individual video and audio clips into one single moving package.
When you edit your timeline, color coding makes it easier to identify different types of content. It is one of the amazing video editors like Sony Vegas that provides the most advanced rendering tools of any professional video editing application. Fast encode video applying the power of multicore CPUs and high-performance GPUs.
- Multicam editing
- Video noise reduction
- Motion and Compressor
- Advanced color grading
- High Dynamic Range
- HDR on Pro Display XDR
- Workflow extensions
- 360° video editing and VR headset playback
- Editing, audio, motion graphics and delivery
- New Metal engine
- Accelerated performance with Metal
- Optimized for the all-new Mac Pro
Avidemux is a simple video editor designed for simple cutting, filtering, and encoding tasks. It can support multiple file types such as AVI, DVD compatible MPEG files, MP4, and ASF.
This free video editing software like Sony Vegas can be used with almost all operating systems and computer platforms. Avidemux is only possible to work for Linux, BSD, Mac OS X, and Microsoft Windows. In this, you can perform simple functions such as cutting, encoding, and filtering.
- It supports AVI, DVD compatible MPEG files, MP4, and ASF formats
- Available for Linux, BSD, Mac OS X
- It can detect and warn when cut points in H.264 video streams
- DXVA2 HW accelerated decoding on Windows 7
6. VideoPad Video Editor
VideoPad Video Editor is a professional video editing software for everyone. With this intuitively designed editor, you can create professional-quality videos in minutes. It allows you to create HD movies in 4K and export them in many other formats.
Because of having a very user-friendly and intuitive interface, it has been listed under the best Sony Vegas alternatives. Great that it will provide you with full special video editing functions for creating professional quality of videos in a few minutes.
- 3D and 360 Video Editing
- Pure Digital Audio Tools
- Export to File or Disc
- Supported Video Formats
- Visual Effects & Transitions
- Intuitive, Fast Editing
- Supports all popular video formats
- Over 50 visual and transition effects
- Fastest on the Market
- Burn or Upload Video
- Easy to Use
All of the software listed above is the best replacement for Sony Vegas program. All of these will benefit you like Sony Vegas, however, before you choose the best software, you should know if its features are suitable for you.
If you question me, I would answer the OBS studio is very useful and you should use it at least once. I hope this article has helped you know the ideal alternatives to sony vegas so that you can perform the video editing tasks like a professional.
You tell, which software would you like to use? Share your thoughts and experience with me!