Do you want to buy the best camera to shoot 360 videos? If yes, then this post would help to learn some tips to make the 360-degree video and the excellent camera to take 360 video.
People would always like to explore new things and get attracted towards new technologies. They are even crazy about the electronic gadgets like cameras, smartphones, iPads, Laptops and much more.
Now, the latest trend of taking videos is 360-degree videos. Do you know about that? Well, let me tell you something details about the 360-degree videos and jump right into the best cameras section.
What is 360 Degree Video?
360-degree videos are created with a camera system that simultaneously records the video scene in each and every direction which means in 360 degrees.
This 360-degree video is also known as spherical video or immersive videos. With 360 degree videos, viewers can rotate the video to view at any angle.
Now you understood the concept of 360-degree video but how can you shoot 360 videos?
How To Shoot 360 Video?
360-degree videos can be taken well from the high end 360-degree cameras. Generally, to make a 360 video the camera must consist of a single lens or multiple lenses.
Multi-lens cameras can capture video footage that has to be stitched together later, and that may produce the stitching artefacts.
So multi-lens don’t have limitations, and they can simply go as far as they can to capture the complete immersive or spherical footage and create a stunning 360 panorama video.
Where else single lens cameras don’t! but they are limited in how much footage they can really capture vertically depending on its area covered.
So, you need to have to buy 360-degree camera or download apps to make the 360 videos.
Helpful Tips To Make 360 Video Perfectly
- Make sure to buy the best 360 camera, and check it has enough battery and SD card.
- You may use unipod or tripod, but unipod is the best.
- In 360 degree camera, you don’t need to tilt like traditional cameras as it would cause the dizziness.
- You have to avoid the unessential moves, and you should understand that there is no concept like “Behind the camera.”
- Try to shoot 360 videos in the natural light.
- The placement of the camera is more important; try to keep the camera in the height of your line of sight.
- You have to learn to play with the wide angle lenses of the 360-degree cameras as shooting the too close and too far videos wouldn’t be with better quality.
- If you don’t want you to be in the camera 360 video, you have to hide somewhere and operate the camera using the remote.
Now, let’s have a look at some top cameras to shoot 360 videos and its features!
Excellent Cameras To Take 360 Videos
1. Ricoh Theta S
The Ricoh Theta s is a well-designed 360-degree camera, which can easily capture 1080p videos and also the 14MP Panorama Images. You can record your memories in a vivid 360-degree world. Its users can live stream the content from the device itself by simply connecting it to a USB cable.
This spherical video camera has a smart and efficient smartphone app which controls the Ricoh theta S, and it allows the users to transfer content from the 360-degree camera to their smartphones directly.
- It captures everything, up to 25 minutes of video.
- It has an option of live streaming.
- Object distance: Approximately 10cm (from the front of the lens).
- Shooting modes: Images: Auto, Shutter Priority, ISO priority, Manual.
- Videos: Auto.
- Image: Manual compensation (-2.0 – +2.0EV, 1/3 EV step)
- ISO: Image: ISO 100 to 1600, Video: ISO 100 to 1600, Live streaming: ISO 100 – 1600.
- Lithium-ion battery (built in).
- Approx. 260 photos.
- Image file format: still image: JPEG, DCF2.0 compliant.
- Video: MP4 (Video: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264, Audio: AAC)
- Micro USB terminal: USB 2.0.
- Dimensions:44 mm (W) x 130 mm (H) x 22.9 mm (17.9 mm).
2. 360 fly 4k
The 360 fly 4k is the recently launched product, and it has the best customer satisfaction ratings. With 360 fly 4k camera, you can easily capture 360-degree footage with a high resolution of 2,880/2,880 pixels. But the 360 fly 4k is the single 240-degree fisheye lens. Hence the 4k doesn’t require any content stitching.
This 360 video camera comes with 64GB of built-in memory and along with that it had GPS antenna, accelerometer and also the built in gyroscope. This device is a water resistance and shockproof. Users can easily access and control the camera via a smartphone app
- Single lens.
- Output: USB 2.0.
- Wi-Fi built-in device.
- Water resistant up to 120 feet.
- Storage 64GB.
3. Kodak PIXPRO SP 360
The Kodak PIXPRO is the best 360-degree camera. It is a splash proof build device, and it can easily record UHD content at the best and rather brisk places, and it produce 30 frames per second via an Ultra-wide 235 degree lens.
This device has two pairs PIXPRO Sp360 4k Cameras together for fully immersive content capture. It has a mobile app where you can easily do stitching with the software which comes with the camera.
- 360 degree Spherical Curved Lens.
- 16 MP Sensor.
- HD Video.
- 10 FPS Burst Shooting.
- 10MP Pictures.
- 2m Shockproof / -10 degrees Freezeproof / Dustproof / Water resistant.
- Wi-Fi / NFC Connectivity.
- Built in Mobile App.
- Control wirelessly with Android and IOS devices.
4. Samsung Gear 360
Samsung Gear 360 has launched alongside with the Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge. The Samsung Gear 360 is one of the best models, and it is a hit in United States markets.
It can quickly capture high-resolution videos and images, and also it has 30MP images via a device, and it is 15Mp sensors with the fisheye lenses.
This best 360 camera can be easily connected with Wi-Fi, NFC a Bluetooth connectivity. Its memory is extendable, and it is a Dust and Splash proof device. But this device requires a top shelf Samsung smartphone to work.
- Capture high resolution images up to 30MP.
- You can control the device through Galaxy Smartphone.
- Shoot in live view mode.
- Easy to trim and make as you like.
- Easy integration with Samsung device.
- Compactable devices: Galaxy Note 5, S7, S7 Edge, S6, S6 Edge, S6 Edge+
- Can control it through the Samsung Gear 360 manager app.
- Included: 1x Gear 360, 1x Pouch, 1x Strap, 1x micro 5-pin cable, 1x Battery, 1x Tripod, 1x Microfiber cloth, 1x S
- Simple User Manual (in Korean)
- The microSD memory card is NOT included in the package (MicroSD card is required for shooting.)
5. Kodak SP 360
Don’t be confused it’s another model of Kodak! This 360 panorama camera is slightly different in features and the cost of the product also.
In case you can’t afford the Kodak PIXPRO SP360 4k model then you can switch to Kodak SP 360 with similar features and its cheap compared to both devices.
It is just as the Kodak PIXPRO but its little tough then that device. It connected as the 4k model, but its video capture capabilities are out at 1080p resolution.
- Multiple Viewing Modes: Ring, Dome, Front Degree/Rear 180 Degree, 360 Degree Panorama, Globe.
- Advanced MOS sensor with 16 million image pixels gives you more speed, quality, and clarity than a traditional CCD or CMOS sensor.
- Capture all the high-speed action with 1080p full-HD video.
- Full-res images in 10fps with a push of a button.
- Switch the movie setting to time-lapse or loop recording for fresh and fun detail.
- 2m Shockproof / -10 Degree Freezeproof / Dustproof / Splash Resistant.
- With Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity.
- Set the SP360 where you want it and take your phone with you to call the shots anytime with the PIXPRO Remote Viewer App.
If you haven’t experienced in making the 360-degree videos, then it is the right time! I have listed the best cameras to shoot 360 videos with much better quality. I hope you have learned how to take 360 videos.
Do you know any other cheap 360-degree panoramic camera that is worth buying? If you find any best 360 video camera tool, then I’d love to hear from you. You may add value to the post through the comment section.